LAST REVISED: 12/19/2019
PERSONAL DATA AND NON-PERSONAL DATA
- “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
- “Non-Personal Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Non-Personal Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Non-Personal Data, as described below.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. We collect Personal Data that you voluntarily provide us, for example, when you create an Account, register for our newsletter and/or make a purchase we may require your name, email, contact information, billing address, credit card information and/or other information you may provide us. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Site(s). See below for further information on “cookies”.
- Email Communication: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open an email from newsletters if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, you may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in any email or by contacting us via email at [email protected] with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line.
- Mobile: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open an email from newsletters if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, you may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in any email or by contacting us via email at [email protected] with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line.
- Information from Other Sources: We also collect information about you from various sources, including from your in-store purchases. We also may collect information about you that we receive from other sources (like public records), to enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to provide product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We use the information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use the information to:
- Make the Site available to you;
- Customize future shopping experiences;
- Process and fulfill merchandise orders;
- Enhance the Site;
- Respond to your requests or to manage Accounts;
- Communicate with you (for example by email, web push, push notification, text messaging, online messaging channels, third party messaging channels) so that we can send you news about the Sites, special offers, promotional announcements, and consumer surveys;
- Monitor the security of the Site; and/or
- Provide you with promotional communications.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Third-Party Service Provides. We will share your Personal Data with third parties, such as vendors and service providers who provide assistance with billing, payment processing, fraud protection, credit risk reduction, marketing, data analytics support and service associated with the Site and delivery of purchased merchandise.
- Compliance with laws and for other legitimate business purposes. We will share your Personal Data when we believe disclosure is necessary or required by law, regulation, to protect users, the integrity of the Site and to defend or exercise our legal rights. We may also disclose your Personal Data when it may be necessary for other legitimate and lawful purposes as reasonably determined by us.
NON-PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to users. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to Personal Data.
- Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: macromedia settings manager.
- Social Plugins. We use social plugins of several providers on our website in the respective standard plugin: (a) The Facebook ("Share") button of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. The button is marked with the Facebook logo and the addition ("Share"), (b) The social plugin of Twitter, operated by Twitter, Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. This button is marked with the Twitter logo, and (c) The social plugin of Instagram, operated by Facebook Inc. When you access one of our websites containing any of the above plugins, the plugin provider may store a cookie in your browser. We have no control over the scope of the data collected by the provider by means of the plugin. The plugins may provide their hosts with information such as the date and time of your visit to our website(s), your IP address, or the type of browser you use. If you are logged on to your account with the plugin provider while visiting our websites, the provider may match this information and any data you enter to your user account, should you interact with the plugins. - for instance if you click the corresponding button on our website or post a comment. Your recommendations or comments may be displayed as information, together with your profile name and photograph, in the relevant provider's service - for instance in search results or in your user profile, or at other places on websites and in advertisements on the internet. Even if you are not a member of the relevant provider's service, the provider may under certain circumstances nevertheless obtain and store your IP address. For the purpose and scope of data collection and further processing and use of your data by the provider, as well as your related rights and opt-out possibilities to protect your privacy, please see the privacy policies of Facebook and Twitter. If you are a member of the relevant service and do not wish the service provider to collect data on you via our websites and connect them with the member data stored by the provider, you should log off your provider account before visiting our internet sites.
SMS/MMS Mobile Message Marketing Program
We respect your privacy. We will only use the information you provide through the Program to transmit your mobile messages and respond to you, if necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with platform providers, phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of mobile messages. WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, LOAN, TRADE, LEASE, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER FOR PROFIT ANY PHONE NUMBERS OR CUSTOMER INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE PROGRAM TO ANY THIRD PARTY. Nonetheless, We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect Our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide Us information in connection with the Program, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information. You agree not to use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If, in Our sole discretion, We believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or you have opted into the Program for an ulterior purpose, We may refuse you access to the Program and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users of the Program that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the information you provide through the Program to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at [email protected]
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA” or “Act”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. It should be noted that personal information under the Act does not include publicly available information from governmental records and de-identified or aggregated consumer information. This section describes your rights under the Act and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Personal Information.
As required by the Act, we will provide you the following information upon a verifiable consumer request: (1) categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect; (2) categories of sources from which the Personally Identifiable Information is collected; (3) the purpose of collecting such Personally Identifiable Information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share Personally Identifiable Information; and (5) specific pieces of Personally Identifiable Information collected. If we sold or disclosed your Personally Identifiable Information for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, we will provide (a) a list of the categories of personal information that was sold, and (b) a list of the categories of personal information that was disclosed for a business purpose.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information.
According to the Act, you may request that your Personally Identifiable Information be deleted. We will comply with this request once we are able to confirm that we received a verified consumer request. Please be advised that we may deny your request to delete your Personally Identifiable Information if we need to maintain your Personally Identifiable Information in order to (1) complete a transaction, provide service or goods, or perform a contract for which the Personally Identifiable Information is collected; (2) detect any security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for these activities; (3) debug products and to identify and repair errors that impair functionality of the Service or Website; (4) exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided by law; (5) comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.); (6) engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent; (7) enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us; (8) comply with a legal obligation; or (9) otherwise use your Personally Identifiable Information, for internal use only, that is compatible with the context in you provide the Personally Identifiable Information.
Exercising your CCPA Rights.
To request (a) information about your Personally Identifiable Information collected or (b) deletion of your Personally Identifiable Information, please click here to exercise your option, log into your account and make a request, or send a request by email to [email protected] or standard mail to the address found below.
We can only respond to verifiable consumer requests.
A verifiable consumer request means a request that is made by consumer, by a consumer on behalf of a consumer’s minor child, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that is authorized to act on your behalf. Your verifiable consumer request must include (1) sufficient information that allows us to verify your identity or provides sufficient authority to make the request; and (2) describes you request with enough detail to evaluate and respond to your request. We will not respond to any requests if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information belongs to you. You are not required to create an account in order to make a verifiable consumer request. We are not required to comply with more than two verifiable requests from the same consumer in a 12-month period of time.
Please allow 45 days to complete your request.
We will inform you if more time is required to complete, but it should take no longer than 90 days. If you have an account, we may provide our response to your account. If you do not have an account, we will provide our response according to your requested format, namely, electronically or by mail. Please note that there is no charge for making a request, but we reserve the right to charge a fee if the request is deemed excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. We will notify you of any fee and reasons for such fee before completing your request.
Right to Opt-out of the Sale of Personal Information.
According to the Act, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personally Identifiable Information. Should you wish to opt-out of such sale, please click in "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" link in the footer of the page or just click here to opt-out.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercised your rights under the CCPA including: (1) denying goods or services; (2) charging different prices or rates for goods or services through discounts, benefits, or imposing penalties; (3) providing different level of quality of goods or services; or (4) suggesting that you will receive a different price, rate, quality, or level of goods or services.
CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not recognize or respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals and we will still receive information. As a result, we may still collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
It is possible that some or all of our third-party advertising partners or members of their affiliate network may participate in a consumer opt-out programs. To learn more about internet-based advertising and consumer opt-out programs go to http://aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. We do not operate or control these sites, and are not responsible for the opt-out choices available there.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
Right not to provide or withdraw consent: You have the right not to provide or withdraw your consent at any time.
Right of access: You may have the right to access the Personal Data that you provided us.
Right of erasure: You may have the right to the erasure of Personal Data that we hold about you.
Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that we stop processing your Personal Data and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
Right to rectification: You may have the right to require us to correct any of your Personal Data.
If you live in the EEA, or a similar international area, you may have additional privacy rights available to you under applicable laws. We will process your requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you would like to exercise any of the below rights, please contact [email protected] so that we may consider your request in accordance with applicable law:
PRIVACY RIGHTS AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
General. You may modify the information you have provided to us at any time through your Account. You can also opt-out of receiving marketing communications, deactivate, or delete your Account at any time.
Data Protection Officer. We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure continued commitment to privacy and security practices. For further information please contact us at: [email protected]
INFORMATION SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
We maintain (and requires its subcontractors and service providers to maintain) appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any information we process. However, no organizational or technical measures are 100% secure so you should take care when disclosing information online and act reasonably to protect yourself online.
The Site is a general audience site not directed at children under the age of 13.
By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through the Site. We will promptly delete information associated with any account we obtain actual knowledge is associated with a registered user who is not at least eighteen years old.
You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe to any emails or mailings by clicking on an "unsubscribe" hyperlink contained in promotional emails we send you. Even if you are removed from any such list, if you use the services provided through the Site, you will continue to receive email correspondence from us related to the services. Any opt-out by you is not deemed valid until processed by us. It is your obligation to verify that you have been opted-out. We will not be liable for problems with the opt-out procedures. Please note that any request to be removed from such mailing lists may take up to one (1) week to become effective. Even if you are removed from any such list, if you order online, we will send you an email confirming your order and may need to contact you by phone, email, or regular mail if we have questions about your order.If you register for an Account on the Site, you may review and update your account information by logging in to your account with your username and password at www.stacksocial.com or by contacting customer service at [email protected]
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Customer Service Department
Attn: Legal Department
Re: CA Privacy Rights
21 Market Street
Venice, CA 90291
Telephone: (415) 335-6768
Mon. - Fri., 9am to 6pm PST